Theodora Yvonne Summers, 40 (7.029).
- Date: 16 Mar 2007, 5:15 pm
- Location: 96th Avenue, 6700 block , 20706 (240)
- Shot at her home, stray bullet from drive-by shooting
- Victim's address: 96th Avenue, 6700 block , 20706 (240)
- Police, 17 Mar 2007
- Post, 17 Mar 2007 (Weil & Somashekhar).
- nbc4.com, 3 Apr 2007, 4 May 2007 (photo).
- wusa9.com, 18 Mar 2007 (Napshin).
- Obituary: Post, 22 Mar 2007 (Online for 90 days)
YVONNE SUMMERS On Friday, March 16, 2007. Survived by her mother, Minnie B. Gardner; her sisters, Cassandra Gardner, Veleria Robinson and Leatrice Moriconi; her niece, Marquita Broadus;devoted cousin, Fran Horne and a host of other relatives and friends. On Friday, March 23, friends may visit with the family from 10 a.m. until time of funeral services at 11 a.m. at Greater First Baptist Church, 13th and Fairmont St., NW. Interment Ft. Lincoln Cemetery. Send condolences: www.marshallsfuneralhome.com.
- Robert Tyrone Stamp, 21.
- Arrested .
- Charge: First-degree murder.
- Pleaded guilty
- Sentenced 24 Oct 2008 to life without parole (see Post and Gazette reports, below)
- Suspect's address: Good Luck Road, 9900 block, .
- Police, 30 Mar 2007
- Post, 30 Mar 2007 (Rondeaux),
- 5 May 2007 (Rondeaux).
- 11 May 2007 (Rondeaux).
- 17 Oct 2008 (Castaneda , long).
- 25 Oct 2008 (Castaneda).
A Lanham man who participated in a shooting in which a bullet killed a woman was sentenced yesterday to life in prison without parole, Prince George's County State's Attorney Glenn F. Ivey (D) said.
Robert T. Stamp, 22, of the 9900 block of Good Luck Road, had pleaded guilty to a charge of first-degree murder in the March 16, 2007, killing of Theodora Summers, 40. In return for a sentence that would have allowed for parole, Stamp agreed to testify this month against co-defendant Robert W. Francis, 20, of Lanham but later reneged. On Oct. 16, a jury acquitted Francis of murder but convicted him of involuntary manslaughter. He is to be sentenced Nov. 13.
- Gazette, 24 Oct 2008 (McKeever).
. . . Stamp's attorney, Janet Hart of the Office of the Public Defender for Prince George's County, said her client chose not to testify to protect his mother, who works in the Lanham area. He was afraid Francis' friends would attack his family if he testified, she said. . . . [Judge] Serrette said she did not fully believe that Stamp chose not to testify out of fear for his mother's safety, noting it was "not a credible reason." Stamp attempted to withdraw his guilty plea, and Serrette said his failure to testify seemed more of a strategy than a precaution. . . .
- Robert W. Francis, 18.
- Arrested 4 May 2007.
- Charge: First-degree murder and attempted murder.
- Convicted, involuntary manslaughter, 16 Oct 2008, acquitted of first degree murder
- Scheduled to be sentenced 13 Nov 2008
- Suspect's address: Brightseat Road, 3000 block.