Daryl Tyrone Clark, 36 (8.113).
- Date: 3 Nov 2008, 5:40 pm
- Location: Cedarwood Court, 1800 block, 20785 (605).
- (Between one and two miles from DC, -76.88838 38.911765 )
- (Within one mile of police headquarters)
- Council District 5 (Harrison).
- Legislative District 24 (N. Exum, Benson, Howard, Vaughn).
- Shot; found lying on the ground near his home with a gunshot wound to the upper body
- Victim's address: Cedarwood Court, 1800 block, 20785 (605).
- Police, 4 Nov 2008 (Copeland).
- Jacob L. Brooks, 21
- First degree murder and other offenses, 6 Jan 2011
- Source: Post, 7 Jan 2011 (Castaneda, long).
- "In 2007, two different juries acquitted Brooks of murder in two separate trials.
Brooks was acquitted of first-degree murder in the 2005 slaying of Lakita Danielle Tolson, 19, who was shot to death outside a Temple Hills nightclub. Brooks entered an Alford plea -- meaning he acknowledged the state had enough evidence to convict him if the case had gone to trial -- to two counts of second-degree assault, and was sentenced to five years in prison. In March 2008, Circuit Court Judge Sheila R. Tillerson-Adams reduced Brooks's sentence to time served, and Brooks was released.
Also in 2007, a jury acquitted Brooks in the 2006 killing of a longtime friend, Eric S. Holland, in 2006. Prosecutors accused Brooks of killing Holland, who was 18, because Holland was cooperating with police in the nightclub shooting."
- Post, 8 Mar 2011 (Castaneda, long) "Life in prison for Pr. George's murderer".